This post contains affiliate links which means, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. In other words, I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using any of these links. This allows me to continue to create quality content for all of you awesome mommies out there!
Fun and Easy Toddler Craft for Thanksgiving
Tom the Sticky Note Turkey
This craft is easy, great for Thanksgiving, perfect for toddlers and up, and only a small number of supplies are needed. The best part is this craft includes using colorful sticky notes. Toddlers and young children can use fine motor skills to rip the sticky notes and color between the lines. Older children can practice spelling and hand writing.
This little guy is super cute. A sticky note Thanksgiving turkey. If you don’t know already, I love sticky notes. His name is Tom because male turkeys are called toms. (A friend told me this. I had no idea)
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love my Mom’s Thanksgiving dinner; the way she cooks the turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, and pie makes it one of my favorite meals of the year. Sometimes, I even request this meal for my birthday dinner… in April!
The anticipation of a great meal, a wonderful family gathering, and coming together to give thanks for all that we have makes Thanksgiving so much fun. There is no expectation of gift giving and is usually a stress-free holiday. It is just a time to be with one another and enjoy the company. And Pumpkin Spice Lattes – don’t forget those! YUM!
This year, I am especially excited because our oldest daughter is now 2 ½ years old. She will be learning all about giving thanks and focusing on being grateful. We will make a sticky note turkey and focus on all the things we are thankful for.
My hope is that each year we can do this craft together and see how the things she is grateful for change over time. It will be a fun and educational tradition we can share.
Easy Thanksgiving sticky note turkey craft for Toddler
Supplies you will need
- Turkey printout found here
- Multi-colored sticky notes. I chose these for the fall colors and super stickiness
- A brown and orange marker, crayon, or colored pencil
- A pen, colored pencil, or crayon to write what you are thankful for
Directions to create an easy Thanksgiving craft
- Print turkey picture
- Have your child color the turkey head, beak, and body. Maybe they would like to add some legs.
- Rip, or have your child rip, one sticky note sheet into 3 equal-ish strips. Make sure each of the strips has the sticky part of the note on it. This will be the turkey’s tail feathers.
- Have your child write (or you can write) all the things they are grateful for. I could only get a few things my daughter is grateful for. The rest of the feathers she just used to stick on/near the line
- Have your child place the sticky part of each “feather” on the lines to create the turkey’s tail. I found it works better if you start away from the turkey body and work your way into the body.
- Make sure the child’s name, age, and the year are on it if you want to keep it for the future (ours will be going in a scrapbook).
Other ideas for this easy Thanksgiving craft/activity:
- If you have multiple children, each one can fill in enough “feathers” for a row of tail feathers to have a family turkey, or each child can get their own.
- This activity can be done on the days leading up to Thanksgiving, or on the day of Thanksgiving.
- Everyone celebrating Thanksgiving can do it together or everyone can have their own turkey.