This post contains affiliate links which means, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. In other words, I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using any of these links. This allows me to continue to create quality content for all of you awesome mommies out there!
Are you looking for a simple paper Valentine craft to make with your kids? Making this craft is a perfect way to let your child practice fine motor skills and following directions. It can also be used as a beautiful DIY Valentine decoration that kids can actually make. I hope you enjoy!
Valentine Craft Supplies
- Print the template
- Cut out the circles and hearts
- Have your child color the circles and hearts
- Fold each circle and heart in half with the colored sides together
- Starting with the “I” circle and keeping it folded, help your child add glue to half of the back (non-colored side) of one circle
- Help your child to attach another folded “I” circle half to the first
- Repeat with a third “I” circle
- Next, help your child attach the string to the middle of the attached circles using tape (Attach to the top of the string leaving 4 inches to 6 inches for handing)
- Finally, help your child attach the fourth “I” circle with glue to complete the “I”
- Repeat steps 5 to 9 with the heart and the “You” circles
- If you plan on keeping this craft, be sure to write your child’s name and date it was made (for ways to display your child’s artwork and crafts, take a look at these great ideas)
- Hang and enjoy your spinning “I heart You” decoration
TA-DA! You now have a cute Valentine Craft and DIY Decoration!
I hope you enjoyed making this quick and simple Valentine craft. This is a great Valentine’s Day DIY idea for kids to decorate the house. Because you only need a few supplies, it helps you entertain and make crafts with your kids without causing you a lot of stress.