This post contains affiliate links which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using any of these links.
Looking for Some Fun Fall Crafts and Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers? Here are 5 Simple Fall Crafts and More for You and Your Child.
Ahh, Fall! So many people love the fall. The beautiful fall colors, chill in the air, and turkey! YUM, YUM, YUM. (Side note, I love Thanksgiving!) What better way to celebrate fall than with some super cute and easy fall crafts?
The 5 simple fall crafts are:
- a felt owl mask
- pom-pom owl
- washi tape autumn leaf
- hay bale mosaic picture
- paper plate turkey
These fall crafts are perfect for toddlers or preschoolers and are included in a FREE FALL FUN PACK PRINTABLE! You can download the entire fun pack here!
Felt Owl Mask
You can make a felt owl mask fast and easily with your child. My daughter has a great time “flying” around the house pretending she’s an owl with this super cute owl mask.
Supplies you will need for the felt owl mask
Directions to make a felt owl mask
- Cut all template pieces out
- Help your child trace each of the pieces on the designated colored felt
- Cut the pieces out of the felt
- Cut holes in the dark brown felt where marked on the template for the string
- Help your child place a line of glue around the edges of the light brown felt avoiding where the eye holes will be
- Place the light brown felt onto the dark brown felt
- Glue the orange beak onto the mask
- Place the mask on your child’s face and mark where your child’s eyes are using the marker
- Cut eye holes for your child’s eyes
- Thread the string from the back of the mask to the front
- Tie a knot, in the end, to hold the string on the mask
Easy Pom Pom Owl Craft
This is an amazing fall craft for your child to practice fine motor skills. I found with my toddler, it was a little less messy when I put down the glue dots and let her place the pom poms on each of the glue dots.
If you are wanting even more fine motor skills practice, you can also have your child use tweezers to place the pom poms on the glue dots which also helps with the mess.
Supplies for an easy pom pom owl craft
Directions to make an easy pom pom owl
Washi Tape Leaf
This fall craft is crazy easy and makes a beautiful piece of fall artwork for your fridge. No matter how your child places the washi tape down, this fall leaf craft looks amazing!
Supplies you will need to create a cool autumn leaf craft
Directions for an autumn leaf craft
- Have your child cover the center of the blank piece of paper with washi tape
- Cut the leaf out of the template
- Place the cut paper over the top of the washi tape paper
- Tape along the sides of the two pieces of paper
Hay Bale Mosaic
Supplies for a hay bale mosaic
- Cut the yellow tissue paper into 1-inch squares
- Have your child place a line of glue or double-sided tape on the hay bale.
- Have your child place squares of paper on the glue/tape until the line is all covered.
- Finally, have your child repeat steps 2 and 3 until the hay bale is covered.
- Ta-da! You now have a fun piece of artwork for your fridge!
Paper Plate Turkey
This paper plate turkey craft is also amazing for developing fine motor skills. Having your child weave the construction paper to create the feathers of the turkey is great fine motor practice.
Supplies for a paper plate turkey craft
- Cut a paper plate in half
- Use one side of the plate to make four curved lines at different heights
- Using your scissors, cut along these lines making sure to leave about ½ an inch on the edge uncut
- Cut short strips of construction paper to fit the height of your paper plate
- Cut the turkey face template out (All directions and templates are in the fall fun pack. Download Free Now!)
- Have your child alternate colors and weave the strips of paper into the paper plate
- Secure each of the strips to the paper plate with tape or glue
- Attach the turkey face to the top of the paper plate with tape or glue
Fall Fun Pack Extras
You can download all templates, directions and shopping list for the fun fall crafts in one place! Download your fall fun pack today for FREE! But wait, there’s more! (I have always wanted to say that) Also included are these fun fall activities for your toddler or preschooler.
This fall bingo includes 4 bingo playing cards and 24 individual cards to draw. It is bright and colorful. Filled with symbols of fall in beautiful fall colors your child is sure to love. Best of all, it is an easy set up for parents.
To keep the cards playable for longer, you can also laminate them. I use this Swingline Laminator. It can be used with both hot laminating sheets and no heat needed laminating sheets. I personally use these hot laminating sheets.
Fall Coloring Pages
Included in the fall fun pack are 8 fall-themed coloring pages
- Marshmallows on a stick
- Camp Fire
- Fall Hat
This turkey is so stinkin’ cute! It is made of 6 pieces and all parents have to do is cut it out and hand it to your child to reassemble. You can laminate it if you want, however, I found that the pieces fit together better when they are not laminated. When you download the fun pack and save it, you can always print another one later.
Look and Find
Let your child find 7 different items in the park scene. A super colorful fun fall park scene hides
- Cup of hot tea
- Group of leaves
All of these fall crafts are easy enough for your toddler or preschooler. These are great for developing and practicing fine motor skills. All the directions, supplies, and extras are included in the FREE FALL FUN PACK you can download here. Start making some fall memories and cute fall crafts with your child today!