This post contains affiliate links which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using any of these links.
Simple yet versatile cookie recipe
This is one of my go-to cookie recipes that is so simple and versatile. I make these cookies for Christmas every year, but I have also used it for other occasions. Use any type of chip or candy to accent this cookie. For Christmas, I use mint M&Ms. I have also used white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. The recipe is simple and easy to make.
It was inspired by a white macadamia nut recipe I found in a magazine 10 or 15 year ago, but I added my own yummy spin to it.
Simple Drop Cookies
1/2 Cup softened butter
2/3 Cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 Cup of the chips or candies of your choice
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in egg
- Add extract
- Combine flour and baking soda together in a separate bowl
- Slowly add flour mix to the wet ingredients
- Use a spatula to mix the chips or candies
- Drop spoonfuls onto a baking sheet – these cookies tend to spread, so don’t put them too close together
- Bake at 350° for about 10 min
- Leave on tray for 1-2 min before placing on a cooling wrack
This is a simple cookie recipe that is easy to make and bring to a party anytime of the year. If you find your cookies spreading too much, try to make all the dough balls and stick them in the fridge for 10 or 15 minutes. Join me on my adventure in cooking where I will share my favorite recipes!
Do you have a favorite go-to cookie recipe? If you try this recipe, please let me know what you think and what chips or candies you put into your cookies.