This post contains affiliate links which means, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. In other words, I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using any of these links. This allows me to continue to create quality content for all of you awesome mommies out there!
Paper Plate School Backpack Craft For Kids To Make
Are you looking for an easy, adorable, and fun craft to welcome your kids back to school? Your toddler, preschooler, or kindergartener will not only have fun making this DIY backpack, but they will LOVE using it as a snack holder!
My 4-year-old was so excited to see what snacks I put inside that she couldn’t stand still!
Create an Adorable Paper Plate Backpack for Snacks!
Creating this back to school paper plate backpack craft only requires a few supplies and some yummy snacks!
Supplies to Make a Fun Back to School Craft
- Coloring Supplies
- 2 paper plates (TIP: You can buy colored paper plates if you want to save some time)
- 1 piece of card stock paper (TIP: If your child doesn’t want to color, print out the printable on colored cardstock instead of white)
How to Make a Paper Plate School Snack Backpack
- Have your child color the backside of 2 paper plates. (I found crayons worked better than markers or paint sticks with the plates I had)
- Print the “Snack Backpack” label and the straps using card stock and cut out
- Have your child color the “Snack Backpack” label and the straps (also write your child’s name)
- Fold 1 of the paper plates in half, colored sides together
- Place the 2 paper plates front sides/non-colored sides together
- Use a stapler to attach the bottom half of the paper plates together
- Use the stapler to attach the hook strap of the backpack to the top in the back
- Use the stapler to attach the shoulder straps to the top and sides on the back of the back pack
- Use the tape to help your child attach the label to the front of the back pack
- Fill with snacks!
TIP: You can use command hooks if you want to hang your child’s snack backpack on the wall
Whether you are at home doing school or in the classroom, your kids will love this little snack backpack craft. It is a great way to welcome your kids back to school with a cute and easy craft.
You can place it on the desk or hang it on the wall until snack time. Using paper plates, this free printout, crayons, a stapler, scissors, tape, and some YUMMY SNACKS, your kids will look forward to school and especially snack time!