This post contains affiliate links which means, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. In other words, I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using any of these links. This allows me to continue to create quality content for all of you awesome mommies out there!
How To Make Cute Paper Plate Halloween Crafts With Kids
Are you looking for easy Halloween crafts for your kids to make? Here are three cute paper plate Halloween luminaries you can use to decorate your house this Halloween season. These paper plate arts and crafts projects include a Jack O’Lantern, a witch’s hat, and a ghost. Each one only takes about 10 to 15 minutes to make. The directions have also been separated so parents can set up the craft beforehand and save some time.
Your toddlers, preschoolers, or kindergarteners, will love how fun these are to make and you will love how easy they are to make.
Make a Paper Plate Halloween Crafts in 15 Minutes or Less
Easy Halloween Crafts Supplies
- Tissue paper in orange, white, and green
- A black marker,
- Pipe cleaners in dark brown, white, and green
- 6 paper plates,
- 3 tealight candles or glow sticks
Craft Set Up Directions for Parents
- Cut out the inner circle of 6 paper plates.
- Cut 2 tissue paper pieces each large enough to cover a paper plate in each tissue paper color.
- Cut the pipe cleaners in half.
- Poke a hole on the top of each pair of paper plates for the pipe cleaner hanger.
Directions For Kids/Parents
- Have your child color (or trace using the free printable template) the ghost face (white tissue paper), jack-o-lantern face(orange tissue paper), and witches hat (green tissue paper) with the black marker.
- Turn the tissue paper drawing face down on the table.
- Place the paper plate over the drawing. (Make sure the drawing is in the center of the paper plate hole)
- Help your child fold and tape the tissue paper to the inside at the paper plate.
- Repeat with all the other paper plates.
- Use a stapler to staple the bottom half of the paper plates together.
- Help your child tread one end of the pipe cleaner through one paper plate hole and repeat with the other pipe cleaner end and paper plate hole. (This will still let you change out the tealight candle once you are done with your paper plate decoration.)
- Place a tealight candle or glow stick in between the two paper plates twist the pipe cleaner at the top to close it.
- Decorate your house or a tree hanging by the pipe cleaner.
If you are looking for quick and simple DIY Halloween crafts for your toddler, preschooler, or kindergartener, these paper plate Halloween crafts are perfect. Each one is simple and easy to make. Parents can make it even simpler by downloading the free template for kids to trace. Crafting each one only takes about 10 to 15 minutes. I am sure your kids will enjoy making the jack o’lantern, witches hat, and ghost!