This post contains affiliate links which means, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. In other words, I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using any of these links. This allows me to continue to create quality content for all of you awesome mommies out there!
Fun And Easy Halloween Jar Crafts To Make With Kids
Are you looking for fun Halloween crafts for your toddlers, preschoolers, and elementary-aged kids to make? You and your kids can make 3 fun Halloween jars in less than 20 minutes. The jars include a jack-o’-lantern, witches hat, and ghost.
To make parents’ lives even easier, there are set up directions to prepare the crafts ahead of time. These set up directions will make craft time even more enjoyable. Get everything sent to your inbox!
5 Minute Halloween Craft Supplies
- Tissue paper in orange, white, and green
- A black marker,
- Pipe cleaners in dark brown, white, and green
- 3 small plastic jars (I found mine at the Dollar Tree but these will work just as well),
- 3 tealight candles or glow sticks (I also found both the tealight candles and the glow sticks at the Dollar Tree, but these are very similar)
Directions for Parents to Set Up
- Cut a piece of tissue paper in each color large enough to cover a jar. (I made the ghost tissue paper a little longer to hang down off the jar)
- Cut the pipe cleaners in half.
- Poke a hole on the top of each jar lid for the pipe cleaner hanger. (DANER SHARP EDGES!)
Directions for kids/parents
- Have your child color (or trace using the free printable template) the ghost face (white tissue paper), jack-o-lantern face(orange tissue paper), and witches hat (green tissue paper) with the black marker.
- Tape one side of the tissue paper to the jar.
- Wrap the tissue paper around the jar.
- Secure the other end of the tissue paper around the jar with tape.
- Tape the bottom if needed.
- Repeat with all the other jars.
- Help your child tread the pipe cleaner through the lid of the jar.
- Secure with tape.
- Place a tealight candle or glow stick in the jar.
- Decorate your house or a tree hanging by the pipe cleaner.
Once you and your kids have made these adorable Halloween jars, your kids will be able to decorate your house for Halloween! Be careful, since these only take a few minutes to create oh, your kids will want to make even more.
Both of my girls loved the ghost the most. We had to make another ghost so each girl could have one. I would recommend buying extra supplies if you have more than one child so everyone can make one the one they like best.