This post contains affiliate links which means, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. In other words, I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using any of these links. This allows me to continue to create quality content for all of you awesome mommies out there!
This cute Christmas angel ornament is easy to make and only requires a few supplies. A Christmas angel will be a perfect addition to your tree or a great gift for the loved ones in your child’s lives.
Christmas Angel Ornament Craft
Making this cute little Christmas angel ornament is a great way to spend some time with your children during such a busy time of year. These adorable angels are easy to make and they even flap their wings!
Make an ornament extra special by writing your child’s name, age, and date on the back. Even better if you write a little message too!
Tip: If you are making these Christmas angel ornaments as gifts, don’t forget to make one for your child to play with too. The one we made didn’t seem to make it to the gift phase as it was promptly added to the toy inventory by little Ms. Silly Pants! We are going to make another one so we can give it out as a gift.
Supplies for the Christmas Angle Ornament Craft
Directions to Make the Christmas Angel Ornament
- Cut out the circle template
- Have your child color the angel head
- Cut out the angel head and the wings
- Fold the circle in half
- Fold the circle in half again
- Cut along the second fold to make the body
- Cut the pipe cleaner in half
- Make a loop with one piece of pipe cleaner and twist the ends together
- Cut the second piece of pipe cleaner in half
- Bend one of the small pipe cleaner pieces slightly in the middle
- Using the gift tape, help your child attach this pipe cleaner to the angel wings
- Twist one end of the other small pipe cleaner pieces around that bend
- Have your child attach the head of the angel to the front of one of the body pieces
- Have your child attach the pipe cleaner loop to the back of the angel’s head
- Assemble the angel in the following order
- Body back
- Body front with head
- Help your child tape the bottom corners of the angel’s body together and to the back of the head
- Write your child’s name, age, date, and a message (optional)
- Pull the pipe cleaner to make the angel’s wings flap
I hope you and your kids have fun making these cute Christmas angel ornaments. They are fun to make and fun to play with!
Be sure to send me your pictures and let me know how much your kids like the angel.