This post contains affiliate links which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using any of these links.
Create these 3 fun summer sun catchers with your kids
These cute beach themed suncatchers are are a great craft for the summer. They are easy to make and will help decorate your windows for the season. Especially good for toddlers and preschoolers. I hope you and your child enjoy.
Supplies you will need
How to create your summer craft
1. Cut out all pieces for the craft, including the “cut this section out” parts.
2. Cut your tissue paper into small squares (keeping your tissue paper folded, cut two strips off the end, then cut the folded ends off, and finally cut into squares)
3. Place a piece of Press ‘n Seal down sticky side up
4. Place the main part on the Press ‘n Seal color side up and press down on all the edges
5. Trim the excess around the edges
6. Have your child place the tissue paper squares onto the sticky side of the Press ‘n Seal
7. Place another piece of Press ‘n Seal down sticky side up
8. Place the maid area now covered with tissue pieces onto the Press ‘n Seal (the sticky sides of the Press ‘n Seal will both be touching the tissues pieces).
9. For the crab and whale, use the double-sided tape to attach the other pieces
10. Finally, using the double-sided tape, attach the main part 2 being sure to line it up with the main part 1
11. Draw eyes or a mouth using a permanent marker
Ta-da! Good job!!
This is a great summer craft. It is easy to make and only needs 6 supplies. This craft would be perfect for you and your child to create on a rainy day or you need a break from the sun. This would also be perfect as a craft you take on vacation.
Please leave a comment and let me know if you enjoyed this craft. Also, let me know if there are any other themes you might like to see.
If you would like another easy craft to do on vacation take a look at these ocean animal stick puppets.
Or if you would like some games and activities for the road trip to vacation have a look at these to help you decide which game or activity is right for you and your kids.