This post contains affiliate links which means As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. In other words, I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using any of these links. This allows me to continue to create quality content for all of you awesome mommies out there!
DIY Father’s Day Gift for Kids to Make
Are you looking for an easy homemade Happy Father’s Day gift your kids can make? Do you also want it to be unique to your dad?
This one-of-a-kind homemade Father’s Day craft is a cute way to say “Happy Father’s Day.” With step-by-step instructions, you and your kids can make a fun and useful craft. The free printable includes letters for Dad, Papa, or Grandpa.
Supplies You Will Need for the DIY Father's Day Craft
How to Create the DIY Father's Day Gift
- Print or find a 4″ x 6″ or 5″ x 7″ picture you would like to include in your frame
- Have your child color the letters they want to use for the frame
- Cut the box flaps off a cardboard box
- Tape 2 together if you need for extra width
- Cut out the colored letters and the frame template size that you would like to use
- Place your frame template on the box flap(s)
- Trace the frame template and cut out the cardboard into a frame and the stand
- Help your child cover all parts of the frame using strips of duct tape
- Bend the stand about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the top
- Use duct tape to attach the bent part of the stand to the back of the frame middle
- Place your picture on the back of the frame
- Place the back piece of the frame on top of your picture
- Tape all sides of the back piece to the frame
- Using double-sided tape attach the letters your child colored
- Write your child’s name and the date on the back of the picture frame.
- Ta-Da, a usable cute and homemade gift for Father’s Day.
Using these step by step instructions, you and your kids are able to make a homemade Father’s Day gift. This DIY frame is a great way to celebrate dad this Father’s Day. Using the free printable, you can also create a gift for Papa or Grandpa!