This post contains affiliate links which means As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. In other words, I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using any of these links. This allows me to continue to create quality content for all of you awesome mommies out there!
This DIY Christmas wreath frame is simple, fun for kids to make and doesn’t require very many supplies. Best of all, it is a perfect gift idea for grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other loved ones.
DIY Christmas Wreath Frame
We have a lot of cardboard boxes lying around our house especially around Christmas. Instead of getting rid of all those boxes, use one to make a simple and low-mess Christmas craft with your kids.
This craft can be made in 25 minutes or less. To help keep your child engaged longer, you can do all of the cutting beforehand and store everything you need in a
bag. When it is time to make your Christmas wreath frame, all you have to do is grab the bag and create!
Supplies to make the DIY Christmas Wreath Frame
Directions to Make a DIY Christmas Wreath Frame
- Cut the wreath template out
- Cut out the center of the wreath template
- Use the permanent marker to trace the wreath template onto the cardboard
- Next, cut out the cardboard wreath
- Cut the green construction paper into 5 strips
- Cut the pipe cleaner in half
- Fold 1 piece of the pipe cleaner into a loop and twist at the bottom
- Fold the other pipe cleaner piece into a bow
- Have your child rip the construction paper into short strips.
- Help your child attach the picture onto the back of the wreath
- Using the double-sided tape, help your child attach the construction paper strips to the cardboard wreath using the double-sided tape and starting at the outside
- Write a message, child’s name, and the date on the back of the cardboard center
- Attach the cardboard center to the back of the picture
- Attach the pipe cleaner loop to the back at the top using tape
- Attach the pipe cleaner bow to the front using double-sided tape
I hope you enjoyed making this DIY Christmas wreath frame with your kids. With this craft, you could make a fun DIY Christmas present for someone special in your child’s life, create something fun using a cardboard box, practice fine motor skills by ripping paper, and you both got to make a memory in the process!!
Please leave me a comment below and let me know how your wreath turned out.