As per FTC Regulations I would like to let you know that I do have affiliate links throughout this blog. These links provide me with a small percentage of commission with no extra cost to you.
I (Melanie O’Brien) is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.”
Additionally, whenever I ask for your email address or information from you I will keep it safe and I won’t sell your information. That’s just wrong and I would not be setting a good example for my little ones.
By submitting personal data to us, you agree to us using your personal data as follows.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, PURPOSE AND USE
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to name, email address, cookies, usage data, password.
We may use your personal information to
- send you our newsletters from time to time
- manage contacts and send messages
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us which may be of interest to you
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- interact with external social networks and platforms
- allow registration and authentication (e.g. affiliate portals and membership areas)
- allow access to third party services’ accounts
- monitor infrastructure
- manage hosting and backend infrastructure
- carry out remarketing and behavioural targeting (including display ads)
- display content from external platforms
- carry out commercial affiliation (e.g. display ads)
- interact with support and feedback platforms
- manage user database
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site.
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this data.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information.
Some of third parties such as for example Google Analytics and Google AdSense collect statistics in an anonymized and aggregated form and may not require the consent of the user or may be managed directly by us without the help of third parties.
Through browser preferences, it is also possible to delete cookies installed in the past, including the cookies that may have saved the initial consent for the installation of cookies by this Site.
Users can, for example, find information about how to manage cookies in the most commonly used browsers (e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Internet Explorer) on the website of the browser of choice.
Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
LAWFUL BASIS OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
- users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
- provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
We process and store your personal data for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us and the user will be retained until such contract has been fully performed;
- personal data collected for the purposes of our legitimate interests will be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes;
- we may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn;
- we may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users (such as, for example, Mailerlite, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
- Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, we will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from us.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any undue delay.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection supervisory authority.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at Melanie at craftymelomommy dot com.
These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by us as soon as possible and always within 30 days.
The security of your personal information is important to us.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet is completely secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
COPPA (CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
For the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you would like to learn more about COPPA, visit the Federal Trade Commission home page at http://www.ftc.gov.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any payments through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at melanie at craftymelomommy.com
If you are living in the EU and are under the age of 16, it is required by law that you obtain consent from your parents before subscribing to any email list. We do not target, cater or provide products or services for 16 years and under and thus do not have a parental approval process.
Melanie O’Brien owns and operates https://craftymelomommy.com (the “Site”).
These Terms are effective as of October 25, 2018.
All contents and information of this Site are: ©2018 Melanie O’Brien. All information on this Site, including any and all copyrights, trademarks, design rights and other intellectual property rights related to the content and work product on this Site, are owned by Melanie O’Brien.
The copying, redistribution, use, or publication by you of any such Content is strictly prohibited. Your use of our Site does not grant you any ownership rights to the Content of our Site.
The reproducing in any format (including on another website) of any part of our Site (including content, images and designs) without our prior written consent of Melanie O’Brien is strictly prohibited.
Requests for prior written consent should be addressed to the following email: Melanie at craftymelomommy dot com
You may provide links to our Site as long as
- you clearly give credit to us as the author,
- include a hyperlink to our Site,
- you do not remove or obscure any portion of our Site by framing or otherwise,
- your website does not engage in illegal or pornographic activities, and
- provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not provide links in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our prior written consent.
You must not provide links from any website that is not owned by you.
You must cease providing links to our Site immediately upon our request.
Nothing contained in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any other license or right, express or implied, under any of Melanie O’Brien‘s intellectual property rights.
RELIANCE ON CONTENT
The Content of this Site is meant for informational purposes only and is not intended to amount to professional or specific advice on which reliance should be placed.
Every effort has been made to only provide complete and accurate information. However, we disclaim all responsibility and liability arising from any inaccuracies and any reliance placed on the information presented on this Site and shall not be liable for any damages or harm.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event will our company or its directors, employees, or agents be liable to you or any third person for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it.
In accordance with the 1996 Communications and Decency Act, Section 230, we are also not liable for comments user of this website leave as comments. While we will certainly delete comments that don’t adhere to our personal standards, if someone has makes a claim about you that you do not agree with, you have to sue them not us.
When you leave a comment on our Site, your comment will be publicly available to other visitors of this Site.
If you leave a comment on our Site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Your comment may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We reserve the right to remove any comment that we determine to be unlawful, inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable or in violation of intellectual property laws or these Terms.
This Site may from time to time contain links to third-party sites.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content or practices of any third-party Sites or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER SITES
Content on this Site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.).
Embedded content from other sites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This Site may contain “affiliate links” which means we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
However, our editorial content, including the advice we provide and the opinion we express on products, services and merchants are not influenced in any way by advertisers or affiliate partnerships.
We only endorse products, services and merchants that we have personally used/tested/purchased/would purchase and consider of the highest quality standard.
We reserve the right to terminate your rights under these Terms without notice if you fail to comply with any of these Terms.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us and our partners, consultants, agents, officers, directors, employees, subcontractors, successors, service providers, and affiliates free from any liability, loss, claim, and expense, including reasonable attorney fees, related to your violation of these Terms, your use of our Site or your infringement, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
All updates will be posted on this page and you are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.